Can’t find the bulb for your slide projector?
No prints from those old negatives? Inherited a ton of slides and don’t know what to do with them? No problem! Bring in your old slides or negatives and we’ll turn them all into modern day digital files so they can be enjoyed once again.
35mm slides are considered standard.
All other sizes are considered non-standard and additional charges apply. Slides are scanned with an air cleaning process; however, lint, dust and scratches are common on stored slides. 35mm slide scans are approximately 1200×1800 pixels in size. Upgrade options with higher resolution scans are available upon request.
- Bring in your slides and/or negatives to be scanned and digitized.
- A few days later, you’ll return to pick up your digital storage device (DVD, USB drive, external drive, etc.), which will contain each scanned/digitized image as a .jpg file.
- Your memorabilia is cared for by our trained archiving experts, who will treat your materials with the utmost care.
- Your items never leave our property or get shipped away.
- All originals are returned to you after the process is complete.
Which side is the front?
Typically, you can tell which is the front side of a slide, because it will either have a date or a number printed on it. The back of the slide will typically have the processor’s mark (such as Kodak or Kodachrome). If you encounter a slide that says “this side toward screen,” that is the back side of the slide. If there are no markings at all, the shiny emulsion side is the front and the dull side is the back.
- We accept slides in carousels, sleeves or envelopes.
- Grouping slides by date or occasion is strongly recommended (in a bag, box or other such container), as well as labeling the container with that information.
Contact our location for specific pricing.
We never recommend shipping away family archives, treasured photos and irreplaceable home movies. It’s too risky. Linhoff Photo has been professionally preserving memories for over 60 years.